Real Indeterminacy in Incomplete Financial Market Economies without Aggregate Risk
AbstractWe analyze an exchange economy with incomplete financial markets and assets whose returns are fixed in units of account. Moreover, we assume absence of aggregate risk, i.e., that individual preferences and total resources are constrained to be invariant across different states of the world. In this framework we show that the set of (commodity) price-endowment equilibria is diffeomorphic to a Euclidean space. We then exploit this global parameterization to prove that the set of equilibrium allocations associated with each endowment in a generic set contains a smooth manifold, whose dimension is equal to the number of "missing" assets.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 1 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Tirelli & Sergio Turner, 2008.
"A social welfare function characterizing competitive equilibria of incomplete financial markets,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0093, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Tirelli, Mario & Turner, Sergio, 2010. "A social welfare function characterizing competitive equilibria of incomplete financial markets," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 58-65, March.
- Mario Tirelli & Sergio Turner, 2008. "A social welfare function characterizing competitive equilibria of incomplete financial markets," Working Papers 2008-10, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Citanna & Karl Schmedders, 2002.
"Controlling Price Volatility Through Financial Innovation,"
1338, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Alessandro, CITANNA & SCHMEDDERS, Karl, 2002. "Controlling price volatility through financial innovation," Les Cahiers de Recherche 749, HEC Paris.
- Tirelli, Mario, 2008.
"Constrained inefficiency in GEI: A geometric argument,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1197-1214, December.
- Mario Tirelli, 2005. "Constrained Inefficiency In GEI: A Geometric Argument," Working Papers 2005-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Mario Tirelli, 2008. "Constrained inefficiency in GEI: a geometric argument," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0086, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.