Path dependent options on yields in the affine term structure model
AbstractWe give analytical pricing formulae for path dependent options on yields in the framework of the affine term structure model. More precisely, European call options such as the arithmetic average call, the call on maximum and the lookback call are examined. For the two last options approximate formulae using the law of hitting times of an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process are proposed. Numerical implementation is also briefly discussed and results are given in the case of the arithmetic average option.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 2 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Note: received: September 1996; final version received: October 1997
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ditlevsen, Susanne, 2007. "A result on the first-passage time of an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(18), pages 1744-1749, December.
- Bossaerts, P. & Ghysels, E. & Gourieroux, C., 1996.
"Arbitrage-Based Pricing when Volatility is Stochastic,"
Cahiers de recherche
9615, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Bossaerts, Peter & Ghysels, Eric & Gourieroux, Christian, 1996. "Arbitrage-Based Pricing When Volatility is Stochastic," Working Papers 977, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Peter Bossaert & Eric Ghysels & Christian Gouriéroux, 1996. "Arbitrage Based Pricing When Volatility Is Stochastic," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-20, CIRANO.
- Bossaerts, P. & Ghysels, E. & Gourieroux, C., 1996. "Arbitrage-Based Pricing when Volatility is Stochastic," Cahiers de recherche 9615, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jang, Bong-Gyu & Yoon, Ji Hee, 2010. "Analytic valuation formulas for range notes and an affine term structure model with jump risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2132-2145, September.
- Xing, Xiaoyu & Xing, Yongsheng & Yang, Xuewei, 2012. "A note on transition density for the reflected Ornstein–Uhlenbeck process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 586-591.
- Alexander Novikov & R. E. Melchers & E. Shinjikashvili & N. Kordzakhia, 2003. "First Passage Time of Filtered Poisson Process with Exponential Shape Function," Research Paper Series 109, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.