Seasonal Cointegration Analysis of German Consumption Function
AbstractThe main purpose of this paper is to investigate the West-German consumption process depending on wealth and income with seasonal cointegration techniques using the framework of vector autoregressive models to capture the seasonal pattern of the series. The vector autoregressive models are the basis of a dynamic analysis by impulse response functions where the asymptotic distributions of the estimators are given. In the empirical part of the paper evidence is found for seasonal and nonseasonal cointegration relations among the variables. The response functions of consumption and income show a strong influence of wealth innovations. Moreover, income and consumption reactions present outstanding seasonal pattern.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "Nonstationary stochastic seasonality and the German M2 money demand function," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 61-70, January.
- Fabio Busetti, 2004.
"Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models,"
- Fabio Busetti, 2006. "Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(4), pages 419-438.
- Fabio Busetti, 2003. "Tests of seasonal integration and cointegration in multivariate unobserved component models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 476, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.