An Adelman-Test for Growth Cycles in West Germany
AbstractThis paper contains a brief description of the methodological approach to economic fluctuations developed by Arthur F. Burns and Wesley C. Mitchell at the National Bureau of Economic Research. Applying this methodology to growth cycles of the West German economy gives rise to a large number of stylized facts which serve as the basis of Adelman tests. Growth cycle implications of two prototypical Real-Business-Cycle models are derived by simulations. Unlike most of the literature, a comparison between model and data statistics produces overwhelming evidence against the Real Business Cycle models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martyna Marczak & Thomas Beissinger, 2013.
"Real wages and the business cycle in Germany,"
Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 469-490, April.
- Marczak, Martyna & Beissinger, Thomas, 2010. "Real Wages and the Business Cycle in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 5199, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marczak, Martyna & Beissinger, Thomas, 2010. "Real wages and the business cycle in Germany," FZID Discussion Papers 20-2010, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Alfred Maussner & Julius Spatz, 2006.
"Determinants of business cycles in small scale macroeconomic models: the German case,"
Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 921-950, November.
- Alfred Maussner & Julius Spatz, 2001. "Determinants of Business Cycles in Small Scale Macroeconomic Models: The German Case," Discussion Paper Series 213, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Alfred Maussner & Julius Spatz, 2003. "Determinants of Business Cycles in Small Scale Macroeconomic Models: The German Case," Kiel Working Papers 1158, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Lena Calahorrano & Philipp an de Meulen, 2011. "Demographics and Factor Flows – A Political Economy Approach," Ruhr Economic Papers 0299, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.