Insiders and Outsiders in Wage Formation: The Dutch Case
AbstractIn this paper the relevance of the insider-outsider theory is investigated for the Netherlands. Estimation results of a macro wage equation show that the insider-outsider distinction has some empirical relevance, because the pay-off rate has a significant negative influence on wages. However, the extreme insider-outsider model is rejected, because wages are also found to be significantly negatively related to the rate of long-term unemployment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2006.
"Market Power, Dismissal Threat and Rent Sharing: The Role of Insider and Outsider Forces in Wage Bargaining,"
w200610, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2008. "Market power, dismissal threat, and rent sharing: The role of insider and outsider forces in wage bargaining," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 30-47, May.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2004. "Market Power, Dismissal Threat, and Rent Sharing: the Role of Insider and Outsider Forces in Wage Bargaining," CEF.UP Working Papers 0403, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2006. "Market Power, Dismissal Threat and Rent Sharing: The Role of Insider and Outsider Forces in Wage Bargaining," IZA Discussion Papers 2102, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Graafland, J.J., 1991. "From Phillips curve to wage curve," MPRA Paper 21077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.