Barriers to International Trade: Methods of Measurement and Empirical Evidence
AbstractFive cross sections of international trade data are analyzed by means of a gravity model in order to measure the impact of geographical distance, preferential agreements, language similarities, historical ties, and exchange rate volatilities on the pattern of world trade. The model is derived as a reduced form of a partial price equilibrium. A heteroscedastic log-linear specification is chosen in the econometric application, which is estimated by the maximum quasi-likelihood approach. Results show significant coefficients with expected signs in almost all cases.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 24 (1990)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2012. "Revealed Competition for Greenfield Investments between European Regions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-063/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2012.
"Revealed Competition for Greenfield Investments between European Regions,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
12-063/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2013. "Revealed competition for greenfield investments between European regions," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 619-648, July.
- Nilsson, Desirée & Johansson, Börje, 2007. "Globalization and Distribution of Exports," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 93, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Bröcker, Johannes & Korzhenevych, Artem & Riekhof, Marie-Catherine, 2011. "Predicting freight flows in a globalising world," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 37-44.
- Bröcker, Johannes & Korzhenevych, Artem & Schürmann, Carsten, 2010. "Assessing spatial equity and efficiency impacts of transport infrastructure projects," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 795-811, August.
- Bröcker, Johannes, 1998. "Spatial effects of transeuropean networks: Preliminary results from a spatial computable general equilibrium analysis," Discussion Papers 4/98, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.