A non-parametric Free Disposal Hull (FDH) approach to technical efficiency: an illustration of radial and graph efficiency measures and some sensitivity results
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to investigate the sensitivity of a recently proposed non-parametric approach to technical efficiency measurement. Using a data set of Belgian municipalities, we analyze the sensitivity of the Free Disposal Hull (FDH) approach with respect to the number of input and output dimensions and with respect to sample size, and we consider the impact of outliers on efficiency scores. We finally investigate the effects of using a variety of alternative (radial) efficiency measures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES) in its journal Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 130 (1994)
Issue (Month): IV (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Schwarz, Maik & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2010.
"Nonparametric Frontier Estimation from Noisy Data,"
TSE Working Papers
10-179, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- SCHWARZ, Maik & VAN BELLEGEM, Sébastien & FLORENS, Jean - Pierre, 2010. "Nonparametric frontier estimation from noisy data," CORE Discussion Papers 2010050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Schwarz, Maik & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2010. "Nonparametric Frontier Estimation from Noisy Data," IDEI Working Papers 625, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Anne-Kathrin Last & Heike Wetzel, 2009. "Effizienzmessverfahren – eine Einführung," Working Paper Series in Economics 145, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Nuria Bosch Roca & Francisco Pedraja & Javier Suarez Pandiello, 1999. "Measuring the efficiency in spanish municipal refuse collection services," Working Papers in Economics 46, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.