Le scelte di localizzazione delle opere pubbliche: il fenomeno Nimby
AbstractThe paper shows that siting procedures taking local preferences into account should be preferred when the heterogeneity in preferences across communities is large relative to that in constructing and operating costs. Preferences are better elicited through auction-like mechanisms rather than multilateral negotiations if: credible information about the risks are available; conflicting preferences at the local level can be preliminarily aggregated; compensations are mainly monetary. The conflict between highly centralized siting procedures and highly decentralized administrative institutions is identified as a critical point.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (July-September)
Contact details of provider:
scelta localizzativa; preferenze locali; costi di costruzione e gestione; meccanismi d’asta; negoziazione;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piero Casadio & Marco Paccagnella, 2012. "Criticalities in the Funding, Planning and Selection of Infrastructure Projects in Italy," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.