Criticalities in the Funding, Planning and Selection of Infrastructure Projects in Italy
AbstractThis paper highlights some drawbacks in the planning of infrastructures and public works in Italy. The major flaws lie in the overlapping of competences and failure to implement effective coordination mechanisms among the different levels of government, together with the lack of a clear financial framework and funding mechanisms that lead to a number of works in excess of the available funds. These problems are aggravated by deficient monitoring and evaluation of interventions, whether in progress or ex post.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Infrastructures; Programming; Multilevel governance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vaghi Carlo & Milotti Alberto, 2009. "New Instruments for Financing Transport Infrastructures in Italy," Economia dei Servizi, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 377-398.
- Roberta Occhilupo & Giuliana Palumbo & Paolo Sestito, 2012. "Le scelte di localizzazione delle opere pubbliche: il fenomeno Nimby," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 3, pages 293-321, July-Sept.
- Chiara Bentivogli & Eugenia Panicara, 2012. "Regolazione decentrata e servizio concentrato: le ferrovie regionali viaggiano su un binario stretto?," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 3, pages 51-100, July-Sept.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.