Broadening the View: Diverse Types of Entrepreneurs
AbstractIn this paper the hegemonic image of the entrepreneur is confronted with a more diverse picture derived from a research project in which a variety of qualitative methods were applied. The paper opted for an exploratory study which emphasizes the generation of theory from data in the process of conducting research. Thus the open-ended approach of grounded theory is used and 29 narratives, problem-centred interviews with female and male entrepreneurs were conducted. From these interviews four different entrepreneurial types emerged: the strategic planner, the step-by-step entrepreneur, the crisis entrepreneur and the bricoleur.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (April-June)
Contact details of provider:
entrepreneurship; bricoleur; entrepreneurial diversity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.