Scelte di consumo e modello collettivo: test della razionalità collettiva e stima della regola di ripartizione con i dati italiani
AbstractIn this paper we estimate a model of household consumption based on the collective approach developed by Chiappori. We test the collective rationality hypothesis and the respective bargaining power in the family i.e. whether the individual wage of each spou-se influences the sharing rule. The model is estimated using Ita-lian data from the Consumption Survey conducted by Istat in 1999.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 94 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 (September-October)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiappori, Pierre-André & Donni, Olivier, 2009. "Non-unitary Models of Household Behavior: A Survey of the Literature," IZA Discussion Papers 4603, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre-André Chiappori & Olivier Donni, 2004.
"Les modèles non-unitaires de comportement du ménage: un survol de la littérature,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Chiappori, Pierre-André & Donni, Olivier, 2006. "Les modèles non unitaires de comportement du ménage : un survol de la littérature," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 82(1), pages 9-52, mars-juin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.