Una politica fiscale regionale per lo sviluppo economico del Mezzogiorno
AbstractAfter a review of the foreign direct investment (FDI) literature, and after the analysis of some recent European experiences (Spain, Ireland) of quick economic development sustained from abroad, the paper suggests that a specific fiscal policy can be applied to the South of Italy, in order to capture foreign capitals necessary to solve the problem of catching up with the Northern more developed Italian regions. This policy must be addressed to increase new investment projects coming from abroad as well as from the North of Italy, by applying a corporate tax rate (otherwise a fiscal residue) which must be competitive in attracting investments towards the Mezzogiorno.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 92 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (May-June)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- O23 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beniamino Moro, 2005. "Il “Manifesto” contro la disoccupazione nell’UE sette anni dopo: quali suggerimenti sono sempre attuali?," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 58(230-231), pages 51-69.
- Beniamino Moro, 2005.
"The economists "Manifesto" unemployment in the EU seven years later: which suggestions still hold?,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 49-66.
- Beniamino Moro, 2005. "The economists "Manifesto" unemployment in the EU seven years later: which suggestions still hold?," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 49-66.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.