Una politica fiscale regionale per lo sviluppo economico del Mezzogiorno
AbstractAfter a review of the foreign direct investment (FDI) literature, and after the analysis of some recent European experiences (Spain, Ireland) of quick economic development sustained from abroad, the paper suggests that a specific fiscal policy can be applied to the South of Italy, in order to capture foreign capitals necessary to solve the problem of catching up with the Northern more developed Italian regions. This policy must be addressed to increase new investment projects coming from abroad as well as from the North of Italy, by applying a corporate tax rate (otherwise a fiscal residue) which must be competitive in attracting investments towards the Mezzogiorno.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 92 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (May-June)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- O23 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beniamino Moro, 2005.
"The economists "Manifesto" unemployment in the EU seven years later: which suggestions still hold?,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 49-66.
- Beniamino Moro, 2005. "The economists "Manifesto" unemployment in the EU seven years later: which suggestions still hold?," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 58(233-234), pages 49-66.
- Beniamino Moro, 2005. "Il “Manifesto” contro la disoccupazione nell’UE sette anni dopo: quali suggerimenti sono sempre attuali?," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 58(230-231), pages 51-69.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.