Cox Regression Models for Unemployment Duration in Romania, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, and Macedonia
AbstractThis paper applies the semi-parametric Cox regression approach to model unemployment duration in five Central and Eastern European countries. The Cox proportional hazards models and the Cox regression models with a time-dependent covariate are developed, and the results are interpreted and compared. The impact of the variables age, gender, education level, and region on the hazard ratio is discussed. The results for the time-dependent variable age imply that the longer the unemployment spell lasts, the less pronounced the differences between various age groups are.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
survival analysis; Cox proportional hazards model; Cox regression model with a time-dependent covariate; unemployment duration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zaharia Marian & Balacescu Aniela, 2012. "A Quantitative Approach On Labour Force In Romania In 2003 -2011," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 63-68, December.
- Daniela-Emanuela Dănăcică & Ana-Gabriela Babucea & Doru Cîrnu, 2011. "Does Age and Gender Influence the Duration of Unemployment for Isced 5 Unemployed Persons?," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 121-128, March.
- Daniela-Emanuela Danacica & Raluca Mazilescu, 2012. "Characteristics Of Long-Term Unemployment Spells In Romania," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 122-129, December.
- Danacica, Daniela Emanuela & Cirnu, Doru, 2014. "Unemployment Duration and Exit States of Disabled People in Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 35-52, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.