More than offshoring: SmartSourcing
AbstractMany financial services firms are embracing diversified sourcing of their IT and operations activities, which can provide lower and variable costs (up and down), improved quality, and flexibility, both in current conditions and emergency situations. While many firms are approaching sourcing incrementally, Deutsche Bank is pursuing a holistic approach, termed SmartSourcing, which examines all sourcing options – and their implications – rigorously in one go. Deutsche Bank’s corporate culture, with its strong linkages between people, processes, and performance, is also ensuring that SmartSourcing is accompanied by a major upskilling of its workforce through re-training and enhancements to its hiring processes. To implement SmartSourcing effectively brings many challenges and requires new skills, which will be discussed in this paper.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 8 (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Offshoring; outsourcing; smartsourcing; financial institutions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.