European regional policy: Analysis of the management reports of structural funds 2000-2006
AbstractThe present work endeavours to carry out a study of the weaknesses/errors detected by the European Court of Auditors (ECA) in the reports presentedby 15 European countries on the economic and financial management of StructuralFunds in the period ranging from 2000 to 2006. The aim of our study is focusedon the description and analysis of the number and nature of the errors/weaknesses made by the member states, carrying out an empirical analysis on the possiblecauses at the root of this situation, conducting a study with univariate and multivariatestatistical techniques, using a probit choice model type and least squaresestimation. Amongst other conclusions, the current study establishes that the newCouncil Regulation has had an uneven effect on the different countries, and that thevolume of such errors/weaknesses detected in the reports of the EU member statesis linked to the amount of resources allocated to each member state per StructuralFund.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional in its journal Investigaciones Regionales.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 22 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: email@example.com, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
European Court of Auditors; Report Analysis; Structural Funds;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Hughes & Gwendolyn Sasse & Claire Gordon, 2004. "Conditionality and Compliance in the EU's Eastward Enlargement: Regional Policy and the Reform of Sub-national Government," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 523-551, 09.
- Kaplan, Steven E. & Mauldin, Elaine G., 2008. "Auditor rotation and the appearance of independence: Evidence from non-professional investors," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 177-192.
- Ian P. Dewing & Peter O. Russell, 2004. "Accounting, Auditing and Corporate Governance of European Listed Countries: EU Policy Developments Before and After Enron," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 289-319, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.