Real Convergence in the New Member States: Myth or Reality?
AbstractThe paper analyses the process of real convergence of the New Member States of the European Union. Its importance is underlined in connection with a successful catching-up and a special attention is paid to the countries involved in the fifth European enlargement, with the exception of Cyprus and Malta. We note that, over the last decade, these economies experienced robust economic growth, which had a stronger impact on the convergence process within the EU8 group than to EU15. Our assumptions are investigated empirically by a comparison of beta and sigma-convergence analysis with time-series based stationarity and cointegration tests.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 24 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
real convergence; EU enlargement; time series;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.