Location Determinants of Japanese Multinationals in Poland: Do Special Economic Zones Really Matter for Investment Decisions?
AbstractWe investigate the location determinants of Japanese multinationals in Poland using a regional data set from 1991 to 2001. Special attention is placed on the geographically targeted investment incentives (Special Economic Zones, SEZs) that were created during this period. Controlling for a more comprehensive set of region-specific characteristics than previously employed to evaluate SEZ importance, we find that our results are broadly consistent with previous FDI location choice studies. However, unlike other studies, the SEZ measure’s statistical significance disappears when we control for a number of additional regional characteristics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 20 (2005)
Issue (Month): ()
Japanese multinationals; Location choice; Poland; Special Economic Zones;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Business, and Aid
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chidlow, Agnieszka & Salciuviene, Laura & Young, Stephen, 2009. "Regional determinants of inward FDI distribution in Poland," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 119-133, April.
- Agnieszka Chidlow & Stephen Young, 2008. "Regional Determinants of FDI Distribution in Poland," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp943, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.