Economic Integration and Firm-Union Interaction: The Role of Market Structure
AbstractThis paper examines the impact of market integration in the presence of a labor union. Effects on wages, employment, product price, firm profits, and union rents are analyzed. Both the theoretical model as well as numerical sim - ulations show the importance of factors such as the product demand elasticity, the number of firms, the degree of product differentiation, and the nature of competition in the goods market. One surprising result is that union wages and union rents can increase in the presence of market integration.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 14 (1999)
Issue (Month): ()
economic integration; labor markets; wages;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fung, K. C. & Lin, Chelsea C. & Maechler, Andrea M., 2003.
"European Economic Integration and the Effectiveness of Employment Policies,"
Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series
qt0tp8k3c5, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fung, K.C. & C. Lin, Chelsea, 2005. "European Economic Integration and the Effectiveness of Employment Policies," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 419-438.
- Fung, K. C. & Lin, Chelsea C. & Maechler, Andrea M., 2003. "European Economic Integration and the Effectiveness of Employment Policies," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp8k3c5, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.