Economic Integration and Convergence: Lessons from Asia, Europe and Latin America
AbstractThis paper examines whether economic integration facilitates convergence in per capita income by investigating the post-war convergence experience within three regional economic areas: the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the European Union (EU), and the Latin American Free Trade Area (LAFTA). A number of different empirical tests and specifications provide evidence that convergence in income per capita has been the strongest and most rapid in the EU, milder but probably present in LAFTA, and nonex - istent in ASEAN.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 12 (1997)
Issue (Month): ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- FE, Doukouré Charles, 2010.
"Réduction de Droits de Douane et Convergence Réelle dans l'UEMOA
[Tariffs Reduction and Real Convergence in WAEMU]," MPRA Paper 26763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabrizio Carmignani, 2005.
"A Note On Income Converge Effects In Regional Integration Agreements,"
- Carmignani, Fabrizio, 2007. "A note on income converge effects in regional integration agreements," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 361-366, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.