Trade and Welfare Effects of Common Market Membership: An Ex-post Evaluation for Greece
AbstractThis paper discusses the trade and welfare effects of Greece‘s accession to the EC, placing emphasis on non-tariff protective means. It shows that such measures as the harmonization of indirect taxes, the introduction of the OAP, the abolition of non-tariff protective measures as well as of the extensive export subsidies, have had a far larger impact on trade flows than the completion of tariff alignment. As a result, Greek imports have increased much more than exports and the trade balance has severely deteriorated. Static welfare has however improved since trade creation has dominated trade diversion.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minoas Koukouritakis, 2003. "Trade Effects due to the EU Accession: The case of Greece ," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 5-2003, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Minoas Koukouritakis, 2005. "EU Accession Effects on Export Performance: The Case of Greece," Working Papers 0516, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Koukouritakis, Minoas, 2005.
"EU Accession Effects on the Demand for Manufactures: the Case of Greece,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics,
Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 58(4), pages 471-488.
- Minoas Koukouritakis, 2005. "EU Accession Effects on the Demand for Manufactures: the Case of Greece," Working Papers 0506, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Minoas Koukouritakis, 2003. "EU Accession Effects on Imports of Manufactures: The case of Greece ," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 2-2003, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.