An Exchange Rate Forecasting Model when the Underlying Currency is Pegged to a Basket
AbstractAn ARDL model is estimated and subsequently used to forecast the exchange rate of the Kuwaiti dinar (KD) against the U.S. dollar. It is demonstrated that this exchange rate is related to the exchange rates of the yen, mark and pound against the dollar in accordance with the arrangement of pegging the KD to a basket of currencies with undeclared components. It is also shown that market forces cause the exchange rate to deviate from the level implied by this arrangement. The proposed model outperforms the random walk and the forward rate in out-of-sample forecasting.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 53 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.