Approaches to Country Risk Analysis and Early Warning
AbstractThis article lays out a framework for country risk analysis and early warning drawing on the methodologies developed by the Country Indicators for Foreign Policy Project (CIFP – www.carleton.ca/cifp). Special attention is given to the identifi cation of failed and fragile states using the CIFP state fragility index, and how the latter compares to other such indices. The rest of the paper proceeds in four parts. In the second section, we provide some concepts and defi nitions as they relate to early warning, state failure and country risk. The third section assesses structural risk indicators and events based monitoring methodologies. The fourth section provides a comparative ranking of countries, some initial fi ndings and results for the Middle East and North Africa. The fi fth and fi nal section concludes by discussing the policy implications of the analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internatzionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 62 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Fragile States; Failed States; Conflict; Indicators; Early Warning; Risk Analysis; CIFP; Middle East; Yemen; Iraq; OECD; Development Assistance; Military Intervention;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.