Comparison of objectivistic and subjectivist approaches to measurement of synthetic la-tent categories of Quality of Life of the population: results of the empirical analysis of Russian data
AbstractThe results of the empirical analysis of Quality of Life of the Russian population at regional and municipal levels are presented As the method are used: the modification of principal components analysis and regression models Procedure of an estimation of Quality of Life was lead within two approaches: objectivistic and subjectivist, and applied to two types of objects: administrative units (cities and regions) the Russian Federation, and also municipal unions of the Perm region
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS" in its journal Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/
synthetic latent category quality of life; objectivist and subjectivist measurement approaches; level of well-being; quality of social sphere;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General
- J17 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Value of Life; Foregone Income
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, William O. & Merat, Christian, 1962. "Consumption of Exotic Consumer Goods as an Indicator of Economic Achievement in Ten Countries of Tropical Africa," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 01.
- Simon Kuznets, 1946. "National Income: A Summary of Findings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kuzn46-2.
- M. Sirgy & Alex Michalos & Abbott Ferriss & Richard Easterlin & Donald Patrick & William Pavot, 2006. "The Qualityity-of-Life (QOL) Research Movement: Past, Present, and Future," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 343-466, 05.
- Айвазян С.А., 2003. "К Методологии Измерения Синтетических Категорий Качества Жизни Населения," Журнал Экономика и математические методы (ЭММ), Центральный Экономико-Математический Институт (ЦЭМИ), vol. 39(2), Ð°Ð¿ÑÐµÐ.
- Osberg, L. & Sharpe, A., 1998. "An Index of Economic Well-being for Canada," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 98-08, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Aivazian, Sergei & Stepanov, Vladimir & Kozlova, Maria, 2006. "Measuring the Synthetic Categories of Quality of Life in a Region and Identification of Main Trends to Improve the Social and Economic Policy (Samara Region and its Constituent Territories)," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 2(2), pages 18-84.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.