Determinantes del precio de la vivienda usada en Málaga: Una aplicación de la metodología hedónica
AbstractRESUMEN El análisis de los factores que determinan el precio de la vivienda usada, mediante la utilización de la metodología hedónica, constituye el objetivo central de este trabajo. Los resultados obtenidos han permitido identificar aquellas características de las viviendas que más inciden en la determinación de su precio y cuantificar esta influencia, valorándola monetariamente. Se ha constatado que la aportación de algunos atributos estructurales (la superficie construida, el número de aseos, la presencia de garaje privado o la escasa luminosidad de la vivienda) y otros de localización (proximidad al mar o al centro de la ciudad, y ubicación en una zona determinada) inciden decisivamente en el precio de la vivienda. ABSTRACT The analysis of the factors that determine the price of the second-hand house, by means of the use of the hedonic methodology, constitutes the main aim of this work. The obtained results have allowed identifying those characteristics of the houses that more affect their price and quantify this influence, valuing it in monetary terms. It has been stated that the contribution of some structural attributes (the floor area, the number of toilets, the presence of private garage or the luminosity of the house) and others of location (proximity to the sea or downtown, and location in a certain zone) affects the price of the house decisively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidades Públicas de Andalucía in its journal Revista de Estudios Regionales.
Volume (Year): 02 (2008)
Issue (Month): ()
Precio de vivienda; Metodología hedónica; Precio implícito;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goodman, Allen C., 1978. "Hedonic prices, price indices and housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 471-484, October.
- Epple, Dennis, 1987. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Estimating Demand and Supply Functions for Differentiated Products," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 59-80, February.
- Bradford Case & Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1991. "On Choosing Among House Price Index Methodologies," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 286-307.
- Craig A Watkins, 2001. "The definition and identification of housing submarkets," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(12), pages 2235-2253, December.
- William M. Bowen, 2001. "Theoretical and Empirical Considerations Regarding Space in Hedonic Housing Price Model Applications," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 32(4), pages 466-490.
- John P. Harding & Stuart S. Rosenthal & C. F. Sirmans, 2003. "Estimating Bargaining Power in the Market for Existing Homes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 178-188, February.
- Meese, Richard A & Wallace, Nancy E, 1997. "The Construction of Residential Housing Price Indices: A Comparison of Repeat-Sales, Hedonic-Regression and Hybrid Approaches," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 51-73, Jan.-Marc.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Housing, Land, and Neighbourhood Characteristics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 357-82, August.
- Junsoo Lee & Seung-Jun Kwak & John List, 2000. "Average Derivative Estimation of Hedonic Price Models," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(1), pages 81-91, May.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Thibodeau, Thomas G., 2003. "Housing market segmentation and hedonic prediction accuracy," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 181-201, September.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1987. "The Estimation of Demand Parameters in Hedonic Price Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Emmanuel Jimenez, 1983. "The Magnitude and Determinants of Home Improvement in Self-Help Housing: Manila's Tondo Project," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 59(1), pages 70-83.
- Charles R. Hulten, 2003. "Price hedonics: a critical review," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 5-15.
- Bourassa, Steven C. & Hoesli, Martin & Peng, Vincent S., 2003.
"Do housing submarkets really matter?,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 12-28, March.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- David E. Andersson, 2000. "Hypothesis testing in hedonic price estimation - On the selection of independent variables," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 293-304.
- Muellbauer, John, 1974. "Household Production Theory, Quality, and the "Hedonic Technique."," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 977-94, December.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2004. "Airport expansions and property values: the case of Chicago O'Hare Airport," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 627-640, May.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
- Freeman, A Myrick, III, 1979. " Hedonic Prices, Property Values and Measuring Environmental Benefits: A Survey of the Issues," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 154-73.
- Follain, James R. & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1985. "Estimating the demand for housing characteristics: A survey and critique," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 77-107, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jesús Sánchez Fernández).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.