The internationalization of Austrian firms in Central and Eastern Europe
AbstractWe test and expand the Uppsala model with a sample of 109 Austrian companies active in the CEE region, representing 1,271 entries. On the one hand, our expansion of the model is based on collective learning of firms from a specific context, an issue largely neglected in IB research. On the other hand, we expand the model by including two further strategic, i.e. dependent, variables. The paper contributes to research by finding three distinct internationalization processes in CEE, two of them new to the Uppsala Model. Furthermore, the paper strongly supports our argumentation with regard to collective learning and thereby draws new conclusions on learning processes that take place within and between firms over time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 15 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- N64 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: 1913-
- P12 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Capitalist Enterprises
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.