The emergence of a CEE-regional multinational – A narrative of the MOL Group plc
AbstractThis article describes the transition of MOL, the Hungarian Oil and Gas Company, from a state-owned enterprise to a privately owned regional-multinational company and outlines its growth to become a leading player in the CEE region. It also illustrates how the company went through the internal restructuring process before and during its acquisition period. Over three distinct development phases it then emerged as a new species in the CEE, as a “regional multinational”. The case also gives valuable strategic insights into the oil industry of the majority of CEE countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 15 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.