(In)tangible resources as antecedents of a company’s competitive advantage and performance
AbstractThe paper’s purpose is to add to the body of knowledge on the antecedents of a company’s competitive advantage and performance by developing and testing a conceptual model. By using structural equation modelling the model is tested on a sample of 182 Slovenian companies. The results show that a cost advantage is positively affected by financial resources and customer capital, while a differentiation advantage is positively affected by financial resources and all three components of intellectual capital. In addition, both forms of competitive advantage positively influence a company’s performance. The results offer important theoretical implications in fields such as resource-based theory and customer relationship management as well as important practical implications for managers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its journal Journal for East European Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 14 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Pages: 186 - 209
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Journals, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany. A subscripton is required to access pdf files. Pay per article is available at
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.