Political Economy, Economic Policy and Economic History as a Part of Teaching and Scientific Activities of the University of Economics from the Second Half of the 20th Century
AbstractTeachings of economic policy were present at the VŠE from its inception in 1953 needless to say that most activities were highly influenced by the ruling political climate. Despite all limitations there were some achievements of value, esp. works of prof. Olšovský and his team in 50s and early 60s. Till the economic reform of Ota Šik was real engagement people from the VŠE in economic policy limited (Kurt Rozsypal arrived to the VŠE years after his reform was already enacted). 70s were again years of high political infl uence characterized by creation of Institute of Marxism-Leninism where consisting of all original social science departments. 80s were characterized by the hidden duality of teaching when dominating teachings of political economy of socialism was supplemented by teachings of political economy of capitalism mostly in a guise of history of economic theories. In 90s a full renaissance of economic policy as a subject followed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Politická ekonomie.
Volume (Year): 2013 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.