Strategic Vectors Of Food Production Development In Serbia In Terms Of The Global Crisis
AbstractThe world economic crisis was a major factor that caused industrial production and trade over the globe decrease. It closed millions of working places and effected fear of political instability to spread even over the states that have been considered as stable. Economies all over the world face with wide range recessions, that will lead to the 3% to 7% GNP drop with respect to the last decade increasing trend. In such uncertainty conditions, where authorities are not sure about crisis development and duration, banner task is imposed: uncertainty must be passed. In Serbian economy, good model for crisis overcoming is agriculture strategic development and especially within it, the safe food production. One of guidelines of Serbian agriculture development is modernization and change of production structure towards stronger market orientation and improvement of alimentary industry total efficiency. Increased productively technological restructuring achieving increased efficiency, as well as greater competitiveness at domestic and foreign markets should be based on economical, ecological and energy criterions. Also, applied scientific research papers should allow significant increase of size and competitiveness of Serbian agriculture production
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Prague Development Center in its journal Perspectives of Innovation in Economics and Business (PIEB).
Volume (Year): 6 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://academicpublishingplatforms.com/journal.php?journal=PIEB
More information through EDIRC
Food production; economic crisis; strategy; technological development; quality; ecological criterion.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q27 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Issues in International Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilali, Hamid El & Panin, Biljana & Berjan, Sinisa & Driouech, Noureddin & Despotovic, Aleksandra & Zucaro, Nicola M., 2012. "Impacts Of The Global Financial And Economic Crisis On The Agro-Food Industry And Rural Livelihoods In Serbia," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 6.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaroslav Holecek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.