Stimulating Exchange in International Joint Ventures: An Attachment-based View
AbstractThis study distinguishes between personal and structural attachments and examines how these two types of attachments stimulate exchange in IJVs. Analysis of archival and survey data from 255 IJVs in China suggests that both personal and structural attachments contribute to IJV performance, but the rates of contribution of these attachments to IJV profitability diminish as the attachments increase. Moreover, personal and structural attachments strengthen each other in their respective influences on IJV performance.© 2002 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2002) 33, 169–181
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Jing & Zhou, Changhui, 2008. "Dual-edged tools of trade: How international joint ventures help and hinder capability building of Chinese firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 463-474, October.
- Newburry, William & Zeira, Yoram & Yeheskel, Orly, 2003. "Autonomy and effectiveness of equity international joint ventures (IJVs) in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 395-419, August.
- Wu Zhan & Roger Chen & M. Erramilli & Duc Nguyen, 2009. "Acquisition of organizational capabilities and competitive advantage of IJVs in transition economies: The case of Vietnam," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 285-308, June.
- Zheng Xiaosong & Zhang Jinming, 2011. "Factors Influencing International Joint Venture Performance in China," Annals - Economic and Administrative Series -, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 5(1), pages 167-184, December.
- Kolloge, Konstantin, 2009. "Die Messung des Kooperationserfolges in der empirischen Forschung: Ergebnisse einer Literaturstudie," Arbeitspapiere 76, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Jing Yang & Frank Tipton & Jiatao Li, 2011. "A review of foreign business management in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 627-659, September.
- Diego Quer & Enrique Claver & Laura Rienda, 2007. "Business and management in China: A review of empirical research in leading international journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 359-384, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.