Scope and Limits of International Economic Cooperation and Policy Coordination
AbstractSeveral important issues relating to international economic cooperation and policy coordination are considered for the scope and limits to both within the present international monetary system. Sources of the perceived need for cooperation and coordination are identified, and the experience of countries with policy coordination within the current international system are described. The benefits and costs to policy coordination are then discussed, followed by consideration of ways to increase the effectiveness of international cooperation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Staff Papers - International Monetary Fund.
Volume (Year): 35 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabrice Capoen & Jérôme Creel, 2007.
"Efficiency of stability-oriented institutions: the European case,"
Sciences Po publications, Sciences Po
NÂ°2007-06, Sciences Po.
- Fabrice Capoen & Jerome Creel, 2007. "Efficiency of stability-oriented institutions: the European case," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE) 2007-06, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Patrick Artus, 1992. "Passage à l'union économique et monétaire en Europe : effets sur la croissance et les politiques budgétaires," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, Programme National Persée, vol. 106(5), pages 123-137.
- Mina Baliamoune, 2000. "Economics of Summitry: An Empirical Assessment of the Economic Effects of Summits," Empirica, Springer, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 295-319, September.
- Jaromir Benes & Michael Kumhof & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Susanna Mursula, 2013. "The Benefits of International Policy Coordination Revisited," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 13/262, International Monetary Fund.
- A.J. Hallet, 1998. "When Do Target Zones Work? An Examination of Exchange Rate Targeting as a Device for Coordinating Economic Policies," Open Economies Review, Springer, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 115-138, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.