What Do We Know About Job Creation - Round Table Discussion
AbstractThis paper summarises the main changes that have taken place in the Australian labour market, the major research findings and the implications for creating jobs and reducing unemployment. In this context, the major policies to reduce unemployment are examined. The main conclusions are that although there is scope for some alleviation of the unemployment problem in the short run, a long run solution would involve major expenditure programs on education, families and communities.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The Centre for Labour Market Research (CLMR), Curtin Business School in its journal Australian Journal of Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.business.curtin.edu.au/business/research/journals-published-by-cbs/australian-journal-of-labour-economics
Unemployment; models; duration; incidence and job search Employment determination; job creation; demand for labor; self-employment;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Boyd Hunter).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.