Governance Issues in Delivery of Public Services
AbstractIn this paper we note that the institutional context (and therefore the structure of incentives and organisation) in developing economies is quite different from those in advanced industrial economies, and this necessitates any discussion on the local governance issues in the delivery of public services in the context of development to go beyond the traditional fiscal federalism literature. With this in mind, we review some of the existing theoretical and empirical work, focusing particularly on the question of local accountability. Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE) in its journal Journal of African Economies.
Volume (Year): 13 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: +44-(0)1865 271084
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.jae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Gero & Davis, Benjamin & Stamoulis, Kostas & Winters, Paul, 2009.
"Rural Income Generating Activities: Whatever Happened to the Institutional Vacuum? Evidence from Ghana, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Vietnam,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 1297-1306, July.
- Alberto Zezza & Gero Carletto & Benjamin Davis & Kostas Stamoulis & Paul Winters, 2007. "Rural Income Generating Activities: Whatever Happened to the Institutional Vacuum? Evidence from Ghana, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Vietnam," Working Papers 07-24, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Mukherjee, Anit N., 2007. "Public expenditure on education: A review of selected issues and evidence," Working Papers hd1, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.