Understanding complex organization: the role of know-how, internal structure, and human behavior in the evolution of capabilities
AbstractThis article begins with some notes on the intellectual climate in which the article of (Winter 1968, "Towards a Neo-Schumpeterian Theory of the Firm," The RAND Corporation; 2006, Industrial and Corporate Change, 15, 1) was first written. It identifies core ideas and contentions Sidney Winter helped put on the research agenda for scholars interested in complex business organization. We point out that Winter's early contentions have implications for strategic thinking (in both business and military contexts) and that a promising research agenda lies in the further development of notions of organizational capability. Copyright 2006, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Industrial and Corporate Change.
Volume (Year): 15 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://icc.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morroni, Mario, 2014. "Production of commodities by means of processes," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 5-18.
- Rui Baptista & Francisco Lima & Miguel Preto, 2013. "Entrepreneurial skills and workers’ wages in small firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 309-323, February.
- Jacobides, Michael G. & Knudsen, Thorbjorn & Augier, Mie, 2006. "Benefiting from innovation: Value creation, value appropriation and the role of industry architectures," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1200-1221, October.
- Hatani, Faith & McGaughey, Sara L., 2013. "Network cohesion in global expansion: An evolutionary view," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 455-465.
- Peltoniemi, Mirva, 2013. "Mechanisms of capability evolution in the Finnish forest industry cluster," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 190-205.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.