Competitiveness and production networks: the case of the Argentine automotive sector
AbstractThis paper offers an empirical methodology for evaluating the development of production networks. It looks at the linkages between the flow of knowledge within the production network and the development of firm-endogenous capabilities, and applies this methodology to the Argentinean automotive industry in order to study its weaknesses and potential. The paper finds that the automotive network is partially integrated and based on incomplete interactions. In general, the firm's innovative performance is based on its own strategies and background, and the effects of a closer interaction with the network are undermined. However, this paper concludes that the network is significant for explaining the complexity of innovative activities and work organization. Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Industrial and Corporate Change.
Volume (Year): 13 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://icc.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2010. "Multinational Corporations, Technology Spillovers and Human Rights's Impacts on Developing Countries," LEM Papers Series 2010/06, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Elisa Giuliani & Chiara Macchi, 2013. "Multinational Corporations’ Economic And Human Rights Impacts On Developing Countries: A Review And Research Agenda," Discussion Papers 2013/158, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Morero, Hernan Alejandro, 2013.
"Internacionalizacion y Sistema Nacional de Innovacion argentino: una perspectiva de tramas productivas. Los casos automotriz y siderurgico
[Internationlization and argentinean National System of In," MPRA Paper 44409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lepratte, Leandro, 2011.
"Sistemas sociotécnicos, innovación y desarrollo
[Sociotechnical systems, innovation and development]," MPRA Paper 33559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edwards-Schachter, Mónica & Anlló, Guillermo & Castro-Martínez, Elena & Sánchez-Barrioluengo, Mabel & Fernández De Lucio, Ignacio, 2012. "Motives for inter-firm cooperation on R&D and innovation: empirical evidence from Argentine and Spain," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201204, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 04 Jun 2012.
- Erbes, Analía & Tacsir, Ezequiel & Yoguel, Gabriel, 2008. "Endogenous competences and linkages development," MPRA Paper 20434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.