The problem of market bias in modern capitalist economies
AbstractModern societies are presently facing a number of challenging and often contentious issues regarding how to organize and govern a variety of activities that employ a substantial and growing fraction of their resources. In certain cases, to make market organization work satisfactorily will require strong and fine-grained regulation, and perhaps a number of other supplementary non-market elements. For other activities, it would be best to rely centrally on other basic organizational modes, with markets in an ancillary role. In these latter cases, too strong an adherence to a belief in the general efficacy of simple market organization can hinder the achievement of a satisfactory solution. The central purpose of this essay is to call attention to the complexity and variegation of the sectoral or activityspecific governing structures employed by modern capitalist economies, and to argue that such structures need to be tailored to the details of the activities involved. Copyright 2002, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Industrial and Corporate Change.
Volume (Year): 11 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://icc.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iván Darío Hernández Umaña & Raúl Andrés Ávila Forero, 2010. "Paradigma Tecno-Económico Del Sector Eléctrico En Colombia A Través De Innovaciones Tecnológicas, Organizacionales, Financieras Y De Mercadeo. Caso De Análisis: Isa. S.A," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA.
- Fabio Enrique Gómez Meneses & Raúl Andrés Ávila Forero, 2010. "Relación de la Presentación de Información de Negocios On-Line con las Variables Financieras en las Empresas Colombianas," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund, 2003. "Governance of sustainable development: Towards synergies between corporate and political governance strategies," Wuppertal Papers 132, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Bleischwitz, Raimund, 2003. "Cognitive and institutional perspectives of eco-efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 453-467, October.
- Raimund Bleischwitz, 2012. "Towards a resource policy—unleashing productivity dynamics and balancing international distortions," Mineral Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 135-144, June.
- Luis Edgar Cruz, 2010. "La Constitución Política de 1991 Y La Apertura Económica," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA.
- Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, 2005. "Inadequacy of technology and innovation systems at the periphery: notes on Celso Furtado's contributions for a dialogue between evolutionists and structuralists," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td254, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.