Willingness-to-pay for safety improvements in the German meat sector: the case of the Q&S label
AbstractThis paper investigates consumers' willingness-to-pay (WTP) for the quality assurance scheme recently introduced in the German meat sector. In particular, packaged liver sausages marked with a blue 'quality and safety' (Q&S label were presented to respondents in a choice experiment. Respondents had to select one product from a choice set of six brands. The empirical findings suggest that quality labelling significantly influences consumer choice behaviour and that WTP estimates vary considerably across brands. Specifically, for a Q&S label attached to a German premium brand, consumers are willing to pay euro 0.34 whereas WTP for the label on a less well-known product is euro 0.11. Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Illichmann, Rebecca & Abdulai, Awudu, 2013.
"Analysis of Consumer Preferences and Willingness-to-Pay for Organic Food Products in Germany,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
150980, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Illichmann, Rebecca & Abdulai, Awudu, 2013. "Analysis of Consumer Preferences and Willingness-To-Pay for Organic Food Products in Germany," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156100, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Kyriaki Remoundou & Andreas C. Drichoutis & Phoebe Koundouri, 2013. "Isolating Warm Glow in Charitable Auction Giving," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 131, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Maria Aguiar Fontes & Eric Giraud-Héraud & Alexandra Seabra Pinto, 2013. "Consumers' behaviour towards food safety: A litterature review," Working Papers hal-00912476, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.