Modelling the New EU Cereals and Oilseeds Regime in the Netherlands
AbstractThis paper examines the regional, farm specific and sectoral effects of the new CAP regime for cereals and oilseeds (CO) with a simulation model of Dutch arable farming. The model is estimated with panel data on Dutch arable farms over the period 1970-1992. Simulation results are aggregated for different farm classes and for the whole sector. Simulation of the new CO regime shows a reduction in the output of CO crops and other outputs by respectively 8.9 percent and 0.4 percent. Production of rootcrops increases by 0.4 percent. Pesticide and N-fertiliser use fall by 2.8 and 6.7 percent respectively and profit by two percent. Most large farms react to the new CO regime by reducing the area of CO crops and participating in the set-aside arrangements. In aggregate, two percent of the total arable area is set-aside. However, the results differ strongly between farms. Copyright 1996 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David & Gil, Jose Maria, 2008.
"Farms' technical inefficiencies in the presence of government programs,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(1), March.
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David & Gil, Jose Maria, 2007. "Farms' Technical Inefficiencies in the Presence of Government Programs," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9952, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Britz, Wolfgang & van Ittersum, Martin K. & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & Heckelei, Thomas, 2012. "Tools for Integrated Assessment in Agriculture. State of the Art and Challenges," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Gracia, Azucena & de Magistris, Tiziana & Casado, Jose Maria, 2008. "The Effect Of The New Single Farm Payment In Irrigated Agriculture: The Case Of Spain," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6590, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fadhuile, Adelaide & Lemarie, Stephane & Pirotte, Alain, 2011. "Pesticides Uses in Crop Production: What Can We Learn from French Farmers Practices?," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103654, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Boyle, Gerry & Conniffe, Denis & McQuinn, Kieran, 2005. "A New Mean Standard Deviation Utility Function and the Behaviour Towards Risk of Specialist Irish Agricultural Producers: 1988-1997," Research Technical Papers 5/RT/05, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Jongeneel, Roelof A., 2003. "'Effective prices' as a device to analyze the impact of the Agenda 2000 and Mid-Term Review policy reforms on dairy and beef: measurement and simulation results for Germany," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 52(7).
- Kallas, Zein & Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2009.
"Effects Of Policy Instruments On Farm Investments And Production Decisions In The Spanish Cop Sector,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
49971, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zein Kallas & Teresa Serra & José M. Gil, 2012. "Effects of policy instruments on farm investments and production decisions in the Spanish COP sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(30), pages 3877-3886, October.
- Kallas, Zein & Gil, Jose Maria & Serra, Teresa, 2009. "Effects of policy instruments on farm investments and production decisions in the Spanish cop sector," 113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece 58036, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jansson, Torbjorn & Heckelei, Thomas, 2008. "Regional crop supply behaviour in the EU," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44009, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fezzi, Carlo & Bateman, Ian J., 2009. "Structural Agricultural Land Use Modelling," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51423, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Woldehanna, Tassew & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Peerlings, Jack, 2000. "Off-farm work decisions on Dutch cash crop farms and the 1992 and Agenda 2000 CAP reforms," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 163-171, March.
- Feil, Jan-Henning & Musshoff, Oliver, 2012. "Policy Impact Analysis on Investments and Disinvestments under Competition: A Real Options Approach," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124294, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Arnberg, Soren & Hansen, Lars Garn, 2007.
"The Dynamics of Farm Land Allocation - Short and Long Run Reactions in Long Micro Panel,"
2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN
9978, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Søren Arnberg & Lars Gårn Hansen, 2010. "The Dynamics of Farm Land Allocation – Short and Long Run Reactions in a Long Micro Panel," IFRO Working Paper 2010/3, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Ian Bateman & Georgina Mace & Carlo Fezzi & Giles Atkinson & Kerry Turner, 2011. "Economic Analysis for Ecosystem Service Assessments," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 177-218, February.
- Jansson, Torbjorn, 2007. "Estimation of supply response in CAPRI," Discussion Papers 57030, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.