Part-time Farming and the Stability of Family Farms in the Federal Republic of Germany
AbstractThe relative stability of part-time farms is a basic issue in debates over structural reform in agriculture. This paper evaluates the expected stability of full- and part-time farms. The stability of individual farms is measured as the farm operator's expectation of the family continuing to farm. Both short- and long-run stability are evaluated via multivariate analysis. This analysis shows that the availability of an adequate family work force is of paramount importance in determining the long-run stability of part-time farms. Copyright 1989 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tocco, Barbara & Davidova, Sophia & Bailey, Alastair, 2012. "Labour Adjustments In Agriculture: Evidence From Romania," 132nd Seminar, October 25-27, 2012, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia 139503, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hung-Hao Chang, 2013. "Old Farmer Pension Program and Farm Succession: Evidence from a Population-Based Survey of Farm Households in Taiwan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(4), pages 976-991.
- Tocco,Barbara & Bailey, Alastair & Davidova, Sophia, 2013. "The Reallocation of Agricultural Labour across Sectors: An Empirical Strategy for Micro Data," Factor Markets Working Papers 157, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment, Vertical Integration, and Local Suppliers: Evidence from the Polish Dairy Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1525-1544, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.