Rethinking the development agenda
AbstractThis paper calls for a development agenda based on five major premises: (1) a more balanced form of globalisation based on a genuine respect for diversity; (2) a broad view of macroeconomic stability, which provides an adequate role for counter-cyclical policies; (3) the need to complement macroeconomic stability with active productive development policies; (4) strong social policies and the mainstreaming of social objectives into economic policies to guarantee adequate linkages between economic and social development; and (5) the recognition that development involves broader human development goals. Copyright 2002, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moeller, Miriam & Harvey, Michael & Griffith, David & Richey, Glenn, 2013. "The impact of country-of-origin on the acceptance of foreign subsidiaries in host countries: An examination of the ‘liability-of-foreignness’," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-99.
- Dani Rodrick, 2003.
Economics working papers
2003-17, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Halit Yanikkaya, 2008.
"Is Trade Liberalization a Solution to the Unemployment Problem?,"
2008/17, Turkish Economic Association.
- Halit Yanikkaya, 2013. "Is trade liberalization a solution to the unemployment problem?," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 57-85, April.
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2003. "Les pays en développement et la gouvernance financière internationale," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 70(1), pages 193-208.
- Duncan McDuie-Ra & John A. Rees, 2010. "Religious actors, civil society and the development agenda: The dynamics of inclusion and exclusion," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 20-36.
- Herbert Schui, 2002. "Missing Basic Issues on Credit Money: On the Role of Money in Removing World-wide Growth Barriers," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 423-442.
- Ferguson, J.E. & Huysman, M.H., 2009. "Between ambition and approach: towards sustainable knowledge management in development organizations," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Yamin, Mo & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2009. "Infrastructure or foreign direct investment?: An examination of the implications of MNE strategy for economic development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 144-157, April.
- José Antonio Ocampo, 2006. "Market, Social Cohesion, and Democracy," Working Papers 9, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Alfredo Saad-Filho, 2007. "Life beyond the Washington Consensus: An Introduction to Pro-poor Macroeconomic Policies," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 513-537.
- Ferguson, Julie & Huysman, Marleen & Soekijad, Maura, 2010. "Knowledge Management in Practice: Pitfalls and Potentials for Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1797-1810, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.