How Many Cheers for the Tobin Transactions Tax?
AbstractThis paper seeks to evaluate the strength of the case for a financial transactions tax, judged against the three rationales which have been proposed for such a tax: the excessive volume of short-term foreign exchange transactions and their effects on exchange rate volatility; the revenue-raising potential of the tax; and the possible enhancement of the autonomy of national economic policy to which it might lead. Copyright 1997 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Cambridge Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1997)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.cje.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Arestis, 1999.
"The Independent European Central Bank: Keynesian Alternatives,"
- Philip Arestis, 1999. "The Independent European Central Bank: Keynesian Alternatives," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_274, Levy Economics Institute.
- Malcolm Sawyer, 1998. "The Kaleckian Analysis and the New Mellinium," Macroeconomics 9805001, EconWPA, revised 01 Sep 1998.
- Malcolm Sawyer, 1999.
"The Kaleckian Analysis and the New Millennium,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 303-319.
- Korkut Erturk, . "A Note on the Tobin Tax," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2003_05, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Yiannis Kitromilides & Ana Rosa GonzÃ¡lez, 2013. "The EU Financial Transactions Tax: Antecedents and Current Debate," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(3), pages 311-321, May.
- Anna M.Variato, 2003. "The Keynesian Root of the Tobin tax," Working Papers 0305, University of Bergamo, Department of Economics.
- Markus Haberer, 2003. "Portfolio Choice and Transactions Taxes," CoFE Discussion Paper 03-09, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Markus Haberer, 2003. "Some Criticism of the Tobin Tax," CoFE Discussion Paper 03-01, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.