Competitiveness In The Age Of Globalization. The Case Of Romania
AbstractThe fundamental determinant of the competitiveness of a nation is the productivity of the companies acting in its economy. In the age of globalization, countries compete not only for markets, technology, skills and investments, but also for raising their standards of living. The national prosperity is highly affected by competitiveness, defined as the productivity with which a nation uses its resources. The objectives of our paper are to analyze the concept of national competitivenes and to outline the importance of competitiveness in today's uncertain world. In this respect, we consider competitiveness as a multifaceted concept including both quantitative and qualitative aspects. The objectives of our paper were achieved by reviewing the literature, and by presenting the case of Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Journal of the Faculty of Economics - Economic.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
competitiveness; productivity; Romania; globalization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Fagerberg & Mark Knell & Martin Srholec, 2004. "The Competitiveness of Nations: Economic Growth in the ECE Region," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20040223, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Bowen, Harry P. & Moesen, W., 2005. "Benchmarking the competitiveness of nations: non-uniform weighting and non-economic dimensions," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2005-2, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.