Global Financial Crisis – An Accounting Literature Review And Overview
AbstractReflecting the magnitude of “financial crisis” in 2008, some academics started examining causal relationships between accounting and the crisis. The purpose of this article is to review the current state of academic research articles related to the global financial crisis that are published in ScienceDirect, Springerlink, Emerald and SSRN databases, in order to identify the trends and researchers’ contributions and to analyze the interplay between the global financial crisis and the accounting. Although there are lots of articles about the current financial crisis, the number of academic articles that examine the relationship between accounting and the crisis are still few, but the research questions are increasing, more and more researchers becoming interested in this topic.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Journal of the Faculty of Economics - Economic.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Accounting; Accounting regulations; global financial crisis; literature review; databases;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul AndrÃ© & Anne Cazavan-Jeny & Wolfgang Dick & Chrystelle Richard & Peter Walton, 2009.
"Fair Value Accounting and the Banking Crisis in 2008: Shooting the Messenger,"
Accounting in Europe,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 3-24, June.
- André, Paul & Cazavan-Jeny, Anne & Dick, Wolfgang & Richard, Chrystelle & Walton, Peter, 2009. "Fair Value Accounting and the Banking Crisis in 2008: Shooting the Messenger," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5008, Paris Dauphine University.
- Arnold, Patricia J., 2009. "Global financial crisis: The challenge to accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 803-809, August.
- Bhimani, Alnoor, 2008. "The role of a crisis in reshaping the role of accounting," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 444-454.
- Miller, Peter & Hopper, Trevor & Laughlin, Richard, 1991. "The new accounting history: An introduction," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(5-6), pages 395-403.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.