Intellectual Capital Reporting And Disclosure In The Annual Reports Of Romanian Manufacturing Listed Companies Â€" Theoretical Framework
AbstractOne of the most researched topic regarding financial reporting and disclosure of today is the way intellectual capital or knowledge assets contributes to the improving of the quality of information disclosed and create or add value to business performance. Also, it is acknowledged that a company has access to a variety of tools for disclosing information on intellectual capital. In our study we have decided to investigate the concept, the measurement models and the intellectual capital disclosure practices using as the source of our documentation books, articles, working papers and online publications. So, in the first part of our research we have presented several points of view in respect to the concept of knowledge assets or intellectual capital and in the second part we have reviewed the literature on the topic highlightening several scholars opinion on reporting and disclosure issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Annals of the University of Oradea. Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): special (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
knowledge; intellectual capital; reporting practices; disclosure; annual reports;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bukh, P. N. & Larsen, H. T. & Mouritsen, J., 2001. "Constructing intellectual capital statements," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 87-108, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.