The Adoption/Adaptation Of The "Supply Chain" Concept In Romanian
AbstractThere are several terms used in Romanian for the English term supply chain. We have counted eleven. It has been adopted in several ways and it is perceived (adapted) in several ways in Romania. There are several causes which have determined this fact: the English terminology inconsistence regarding supply chain has been translated into other languages, professionals roots determine the usage (logistics professionals use it for logistics, strategic logistics use it in general etc.), the lack of Romanian discussions regarding the new professional terminology at general level and supply chain and logistics in particular. We expose the different ways by which supply chain is reflected in Romanian, we discuss the causes which have generated this total confusion and then we suggest a proper term for supply chain in Romanian, considering the real meaning of the term and the strategies adopted by other countries regarding supply chain adoption. In conclusion, we propose a general adoption and adaptation for the term in Romanian.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Annals of the University of Oradea. Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
supply chain; logistics; strategy; adoption; adaptation.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M29 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Other
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Other
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- TARTAVULEA Ramona Iulia & BANACU Cristian Silviu, 2009. "The efficiency of investments in logistic spaces in Romania," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(2 Special), pages 96-102, July.
- Glaser-Segura, Daniel & Anghel, Laurentiu-Dan & Tucci, Jack, 2006.
"Supply chain management and the Romanian transition,"
3646, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2006.
- Daniel A. Glaser-Segura & Laurentiu Dan Anghel & Jack E. Tucci, 2006. "Supply Chain Management And The Romanian Transition," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 8(19), pages 18-26, February.
- Mihaela Gabriela Belu, 2008. "Logistica - factor de competitivitate," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 11(28), pages 197-209, (2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.