Corporate Governance and Credit Institutions
AbstractThis article examines the concept of corporate governance and provides an overview of the current state of legislation at the European and Austrian level, highlighting the crucial importance of transparency and disclosure requirements as components of corporate governance. A comparison of legal bases in Austria and the EU reveals that Austria’s national implementation of the Banking Directive and its financial market reform in 2007 brought about significant advances in this area for Austrian credit institutions. Good corporate governance at credit institutions is a key factor in maintaining a stable financial market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank) in its journal Financial Stability Report.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 16 ()
Postal: Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Documentation Management and Communications Services, Otto-Wagner Platz 3, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y:2010:i:1:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sándor Gardó, 2010. "Bank Governance and Financial Stability in CESEE: A Review of the Literature," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan W. Schmitz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.