Liberalism vs. etatism: permanenta şi inevitabila dezbatere
AbstractIn this paper we try to elucidate the proper manner to evaluate economic theories and systems within the present financial crisis context. The main lines of argumentation are as follows: appeals to facts cannot settle the liberalism/etatism debate; the deadlock has an important methodological/epistemological substratum, thus the debate is truly „fundamental”; the only way out is genuine theoretical debate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica in its journal Revista OEconomica 02/2010.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
liberalism; etatism; economic calculation; externalities; public goods; monopoly; economic crisis; credit expansion; mass error;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P5 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- P26 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Political Economy
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Octavian Jora) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Octavian Jora to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.