Regional Dimensions of Entrepreneurship
AbstractIt was Maryann Feldman who first characterized entrepreneurship as a predominantly "regional event." While the spatial, or more specifically, the regional perspective has long been ignored by entrepreneurship research, this changed in recent years. Globalization and regionalization (as two sides of the same coin), the new role of small firms in general for regional growth, and the increasing relevance of entrepreneurship policies drew several researchers' attention to the regional causes and consequences of entrepreneurial activities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by now publishers in its journal Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 5 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nowpublishers.com/
Spatial economics; Geography; Regional economics; Entrepreneurship;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bosma, Niels & Hessels, Jolanda & Schutjens, Veronique & Praag, Mirjam Van & Verheul, Ingrid, 2012.
"Entrepreneurship and role models,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 410-424.
- Niels Bosma & Jolanda Hessels & Veronique Schutjens & Mirjam van Praag & Ingrid Verheul, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Niels Bosma & Ingrid Verheul & Jolanda Hessels & Mirjam van Praag & Veronique Schutjens, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Scales Research Reports H201017, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Niels Bosma & Veronique Schutjens, 2011. "Understanding regional variation in entrepreneurial activity and entrepreneurial attitude in Europe," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 711-742, December.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Brixy, Udo & Sternberg, Rolf & Cantner, Uwe, 2013.
"Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities,"
48277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Stuetzer & Martin Obschonka & Udo Brixy & Rolf Sternberg & Uwe Cantner, 2014. "Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 221-244, February.
- Martin Obschonka & Eva Schmitt-Rodermund & Rainer K. Silbereisen & Samuel D. Gosling & Jeff Potter, 2013. "The Regional Distribution and Correlates of an Entrepreneurship-Prone Personality Profile in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom: A Socioecological Perspective," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 550, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2013.
"Regional Public Research, Higher Education, and Innovative Start-ups - An Empirical Investigation,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2013-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2013. "Regional public research, higher education, and innovative start-ups: an empirical investigation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 865-885, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alet Heezemans).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.