Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technological Change
AbstractThis survey links the prevalent theory from the entrepreneurship literature concerning opportunity recognition and exploitation to economic theory, in particular the model of the knowledge production function. The debate and evidence regarding the relationship between innovative activity and organizational context is examined. The role that the external knowledge context or what has become known as knowledge spillovers and geographic location plays in innovative activity is analyzed. Based on new theoretical models combined with compelling empirical evidence, the authors offer a reinterpretation of the role of entrepreneurship in innovative activity and technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by now publishers in its journal Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 1 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.nowpublishers.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabrizi, Simona & Lippert, Steffen & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2011.
"Venture Capital, Patenting, and Usefulness of Innovations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8392, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabrizi, Simona & Lippert, Steffen & Norbäck, Peh & Persson, Lars, 2008. "Venture Capitalists, Asymmetric Information, and Ownership in the Innovation Process," Working Paper Series 776, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Fabrizi, Simona & Lippert, Steffen & Norback, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2007. "Venture Capitalists, Asymmetric Information and Ownership in the Innovation Process," MPRA Paper 6265, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Siri Terjesen, 2007. "Born Local: Two Avenues to Internationalization," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-022, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2006.
"Entrepreneurial Innovations, Competition and Competition Policy,"
Working Paper Series
670, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 05 May 2010.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2012. "Entrepreneurial innovations, competition and competition policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 488-506.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Innovations, Competition and Competition Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6823, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xiao, Sheng & Zhao, Shan, 2012. "Financial development, government ownership of banks and firm innovation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 880-906.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alet Heezemans).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.