The Council of Economic Advisors and the "Full Employment Budget Concept": Keyserling before Heller!
AbstractThis paper deals with the general concept of the Full Employment Budget (FEB) usually associated with Walter W. Heller as its originator and popularizer. Herein, however, an investigation will be made as to its earlier development by Leon H. Keyserling. This paper will be divided into five parts: a brief biographical sketch relevant to our purposes herein of both men; the main points of the FEB concept; an investigation of Keyserling's development of the FEB concept; Heller's path to his own utilization of the FEB concept, including a statement by Heller contributing the FEB concept to the earlier works of Keyserling in the Truman Administration; and a concluding summary.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Missouri Valley Economic Association in its journal The Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- MACROECONOMIC POLICY IN THE 1960s
by The Arthurian in The New Arthurian Economics on 2014-02-07 09:00:00
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ken Brown).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.